DMAIC should be used when an existing product or process requires improvement to meet or exceed the customer’s requirements.
This initiative should be consistent with the business goals of the organization.
- Customer expectations: VOC and CTQ parameters
- Project goal
- Project team
- Milestones, budget
- Basic process flow
- Process mapping
- Sampling plan design
- Measure CTQ parameters – establish process capability
- Measure influencing parameters
- Causal hypotheses
- Key influencing factors for CTQ parameters
- Prioritization of improvement projects
- Establish a hypothesis to be tested
- Analyze the data for the new process to show that the implemented changes result in an improved process and quantify this improvement.
- Statistical Process Control
- Control Charts