Education and Training
- 124 (Registered)
Chapter 9 of TPM Instructor Course.
Companies progress by developing their employees’ capabilities and maximizing their ability to work effectively. The object of a TPM program is to build a corporate organization and culture that continuously evolves in response to changes in the economic environment, technical innovations, the introduction of more advanced equipment, and the development of more up-to-date management practices – and the first essential requirement for this is to have people who are thoroughly conversant with their equipment and competent at their jobs.
This chapter will explain how put an effective training and development system in place, identify the gap between the knowledge and skills, prepare the training materials, systems and facilities required to close that gap.
Next chapter – TPM In Administrative And Support Departments
The Need for Training and Development
The Basic Philosophy Behind Training and Development
A 6-Step Training and Development Program
- Step 1: Decide on Strategic Thrusts Based on Evaluation of Current Training and Development
- Step 2: Set up Training and Development Systems for Improving Operating and Maintenance Skills
- Step 3: Upgrade Operating and Maintenance Skills
- Step 4: Establish Systems to Further Develop and Enhance Abilities
- Step 5: Create an Environment that Encourages Self-Development
- Step 6: Evaluate Programme So Far, and Decide on Future Direction
- Autonomous Maintenance Practitioner Test Curriculum
Important considerations regarding training